This light vegetable pasta salad is an easy recipe to take to picnics all summer long.
Vegetable Pasta Salad
Makes 8 servings
- 2 cups prepared pesto
- ⅔ cup white balsamic vinegar
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (16-ounce) package miniature bow tie pasta
- 1 (12-ounce) bag fresh broccoli florets
- 3 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1 yellow squash, quartered lengthwise and sliced
- 1 zucchini, quartered lengthwise and sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- For dressing: In a medium bowl, whisk together pesto and next 5 ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
- For salad: Cook pasta according to package directions, adding broccoli during last minute of cooking. Drain, rinse with cold water, and drain again.
- In a large bowl, stir together tomatoes, next 6 ingredients, and pasta mixture Add dressing, stirring gently to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!