Cool off on hot summer days with a scoop of this beloved Southern Peach Ice Cream.
Peach Ice Cream
Makes 2 quarts
- 2 cups cold whole milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 cups cold heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup honey
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 large fresh peaches, peeled and diced
- Garnish: fresh peach slices
- In a large bowl, whisk together milk and sugar until sugar is dissolved. Whisk in cream, honey, salt, and vanilla.
- Pour mixture into the container of an electric ice cream maker, and freeze according to manufacturer’s directions, adding peaches when mixture is partially frozen.
- Transfer mixture to a freezer-safe container, and freeze until firm before serving, at least 4 hours or up to 2 weeks. Serve with peaches, if desired.
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!