Lemon-Lime Soda Cake
Makes 1 (10-inch) cake
- 1 (15.25-ounce) box lemon cake mix
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 (3.4-ounce) box lemon instant pudding mix
- 1 (12-ounce) can lemon–lime soda (not diet)
- ¾ cup vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs
- Garnish: confectioners’ sugar
- Preheat oven to 325°. Spray a 10- to 12-cup Bundt pan with baking spray with flour.
- In a large bowl, beat cake mix, flour, pudding mix, soda, oil, and eggs with a mixer at medium speed until smooth, stopping to scrape sides of bowl, about 3 minutes. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake until a wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean, about 45 minutes. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes. Remove from pan, and let cool completely on a wire rack. Sprinkle with confectioners’ sugar, if desired. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Sprite, 7UP, and Mountain Dew all work well in this recipe.
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!