Bacon, fresh corn kernels, poblano and red bell pepper, garlic, and fresh basil make this Fried Corn a special summertime treat.
Makes 6 to 8 servings
- 3 slices bacon, chopped
- ⅓ cup butter
- 6 cups fresh corn kernels, blanched (about 6 large ears)
- 1 poblano pepper, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Garnish: fresh basil
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until browned and crisp. Remove bacon using a slotted spoon, and let drain on paper towels, reserving drippings in skillet.
- Melt butter with drippings over medium-high heat. Add corn, peppers, and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned and tender, about 8 minutes. Stir in salt, lemon juice, and pepper. Serve immediately; garnish with basil, if desired.
Kitchen Tip: To blanch corn kernels, add them to a large pot of boiling water; cook for 30 seconds. Drain corn, and transfer to ice water to stop the cooking process. Drain well.
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription of Cooking with Paula Deen today!