Tender green peas, sweet sugar snap peas, crunchy fennel, and peppery radishes make a flavorful, quick spring salad.
Spring Pea Salad
Makes 4 to 6 servings
Write a review
- 3 cups sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 1/2 cup shelled fresh peas
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2/3 cup thinly sliced fennel
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced radishes
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- In a large saucepan, cook peas, in batches, in boiling salted water to cover for 3 to 4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Using a slotted spoon, remove peas, and plunge into ice water to stop the cooking process; drain.
- In a large bowl, whisk together olive oil and next 5 ingredients. Stir in peas, fennel, and radishes. Sprinkle cheese over salad. Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
Paula Deen Magazine http://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/
Get more great traditional Southern recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!