This seven-layer salad is great for spring and summer cookouts.
Makes 10 to 12 servings
Write a review
- 6 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 4 cups seeded chopped tomatoes
- 4 cups seeded chopped cucumber
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen baby peas, thawed and drained well
- ½ cup sliced green onion
- 2 cups sliced radishes
- 2 cups reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1½ cups shredded reduced-fat sharp Cheddar cheese
- 6 slices bacon, chopped and cooked until crisp
- In a large trifle dish or serving bowl, layer lettuce, tomato, cucumber, peas, green onion, and radishes.
- In a medium bowl, stir together sour cream, mayonnaise, lemon juice, and salt until smooth. Spread over radish layer, and top with cheese and bacon. Cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 8 hours before serving.
Paula Deen Magazine http://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!