Makes 2 (9-inch) loaves
Write a review
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 1/2 cups canned pumpkin
- 4 large eggs
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray 2 (9-inch) loaf pans with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour and next 6 ingredients. In a medium bowl, whisk together pumpkin and all remaining ingredients. Stir pumpkin mixture into flour mixture until well combined. Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool in pans for 10 minutes. Remove from pans, and let cool completely on a wire rack.
- Loaves can be frozen in heavy-duty plastic wrap for up to 2 months.
- Flavor variations--
- Ginger-Pecan—Prepare Pumpkin Bread batter as directed, adding 1 cup chopped pecans and ½ cup chopped crystallized ginger to batter.
- Chocolate—Prepare Pumpkin Bread batter as directed, adding 8 ounces chopped bittersweet or semisweet chocolate to batter.
- Rum-Raisin—Soak 1 cup raisins in ¼ cup rum for 15 minutes. Prepare Pumpkin Bread batter as directed, adding raisins and rum to batter.
Paula Deen Magazine http://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/