Pork Stroganoff Casserole
Makes 6 to 8 servings
Write a review
- 1/2 cup butter, divided
- 1 (8-ounce) package sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth
- 1 (10.5-ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (8-ounce) container sour cream
- 1 pound pulled pork
- 8 ounces wide egg noodles, cooked according to package directions
- 2 cups panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Garnish: fresh thyme
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 2-quart baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet, melt 1/4 cup butter over medium heat. Add mushrooms, onion, and garlic; cook until tender, about 8 minutes. Stir in flour until well combined. Stir in beef broth, and cook, stirring frequently, until bubbly and slightly thickened. Stir in soup and sour cream. Stir in pork and noodles until well combined. Pour into prepared pan.
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl, melt remaining 1/4 cup butter. Stir in bread crumbs and cheese, and sprinkle onto casserole.
- Bake until hot and bubbly and topping is golden brown, about 30 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Garnish with thyme, if desired.
Paula Deen Magazine http://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/