This comforting Lasagna Soup is perfect for cool nights! Enjoy it with a generous side of garlic bread.
Makes about 3 quarts
Write a review
- 1 1/2 pounds ground chuck
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (32-ounce) carton beef broth
- 2 (14.5-ounce) cans petite diced tomatoes
- 1 (15-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 cups small bow tie pasta
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- In a large Dutch oven, cook beef, onion, bell pepper, and garlic over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until beef is browned and crumbly, 8 to 10 minutes; drain well.
- Stir in broth, tomatoes, tomato sauce, oregano, basil, garlic salt, red pepper, and bay leaves, and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat, and simmer for 15 minutes. Stir in pasta, and cook until tender, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat, and stir in cream.
- In a medium bowl, stir together ricotta, Parmesan, sour cream, and parsley; dollop mixture onto soup servings.
- If you prefer to use fresh herbs instead of dried, 1 tablespoon of fresh is equal to 1 teaspoon dried.
Paula Deen Magazine http://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/
Get more great traditional Southern recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!