King Cake Cupcakes
Makes 1 dozen
Write a review
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 (8-ounce) cans refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Colored sanding sugar
- Preheat oven to 350˚. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with foil or paper liners.
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and next 3 ingredients.
- On a lightly floured surface, unroll all dough, and separate each sheet into 4 rectangles. Press perforations to seal. Sprinkle about 2 tablespoons brown sugar mixture down center of each rectangle, leaving a 1/2-inch border on short sides.
- Beginning with long side, roll up each rectangle. With seam on top, fold the left-third of dough in to center. Fold right-third of dough in to center. Place dough, coiled side up, in prepared cups. Repeat procedure with remaining rectangles.
- Bake for 18 to 22 minutes or until golden brown.
- In a small bowl, whisk together confectioners’ sugar and milk until smooth. Drizzle over warm cakes in pan; sprinkle with sanding sugar.
Paula Deen Magazine http://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/