Homestyle Meat Loaf
Makes 6 to 8 servings
Write a review
- 2 pounds ground chuck
- 1 (6-ounce) can tomato paste, divided
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup crushed saltine crackers
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 4 tablespoons Dijon mustard, divided
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with foil; spray foil with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, stir together ground chuck, 3 tablespoons tomato paste, next 4 ingredients, 2 tablespoons mustard, Worcestershire, parsley, 1 teaspoon salt, and pepper. Shape mixture into a 12-inch loaf on prepared pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes. In a small bowl, stir together brown sugar, lemon juice, remaining tomato paste, remaining 2 tablespoons mustard, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. Spread mixture onto meat loaf.
- Bake 30 minutes more or until a meat thermometer inserted in center registers 165°. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Cover and refrigerate up to 3 days.
Paula Deen Magazine http://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/