Classic Deviled Eggs are a treasured dish in the South!
Classic Deviled Eggs
Makes 24 servings
Write a review
- 12 hard-cooked eggs, peeled and halved lengthwise
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh tarragon
- 1 tablespoon whole-grain mustard
- Pinch salt
- Garnish: minced fresh chives
- In a medium bowl, place yolks from eggs. Place egg whites on a serving platter.
- Add mayonnaise and remaining 4 ingredients to yolks. Using a fork, mash yolks to desired consistency, stirring until mixture is almost smooth. Spoon or pipe mixture into egg whites; garnish with chives, if desired.
- Whole eggs can be cooked, peeled, and refrigerated the day before assembling and serving them.
Paula Deen Magazine http://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/
Get more great traditional Southern recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!