Enjoy these tender and tasty Buttermilk Fried Chicken Fingers with tangy ranch sauce! Pair this dish with your favorite side for a complete meal.
Buttermilk Fried Chicken Fingers
Makes 6 servings
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1½ cups whole buttermilk
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 cups panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 2½ pounds chicken tenders
- Buttermilk Ranch Sauce (recipe follows)
- In a large shallow dish, whisk together flour, salt, and pepper. In another shallow dish, whisk together buttermilk and eggs. In a third shallow dish, place bread crumbs.
- In a large stockpot, pour oil to a depth of 2 inches, and heat over medium heat until a deep-fry thermometer registers 350°.
- Pat chicken dry with paper towels. Dredge chicken in flour mixture, shaking off excess. Dip in buttermilk mixture, letting excess drip off. Dredge in bread crumbs, gently pressing to adhere. Place coated chicken in a single layer on a large baking sheet.
- Working in batches, fry chicken until golden brown and cooked through, about 5 minutes, turning once. Let drain on paper towels. Serve with Buttermilk Ranch Sauce.
Buttermilk Ranch Sauce
Make about 1⅓ cups
- 1 (8-ounce) container sour cream
- ½ cup whole buttermilk
- 1 (1-ounce) package ranch seasoning mix
- In a small bowl, whisk together all ingredients until smooth. Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
This recipe is from Paula Deen’s Covered Dish Favorites. Get more great covered-dish recipes by ordering your copy of this new special issue today!