This Artichoke and Caramelized Onion Dip can be prepared in advance and refrigerated for up to 2 days before baking. Enjoy this yummy treat with a side of your favorite chips.
Artichoke and Caramelized Onion Dip
Makes 8 to 10 servings
Write a review
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 cups sliced yellow onions
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 8 ounces fontina cheese, shredded
- 1/2 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 (9-ounce) packages frozen artichoke hearts, thawed and chopped
- Garnish: chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray an 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add onions and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 10 minutes. Sprinkle flour onto vegetables, and cook, stirring constantly, for 3 minutes. Stir in wine, and cook until thickened, about 5 minutes. Stir in fontina, cream cheese, and sour cream until melted and smooth. Stir in milk, salt, and pepper until smooth. Stir in artichokes. Pour mixture into prepared pan.
- Bake until hot and bubbly, about 30 minutes. Garnish with parsley, if desired.
Paula Deen Magazine http://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/